1. We endeavour to not make any mistakes, yet please check the car specification, car service record and anything else that is relevant to your purchasing decision with your salesperson before placing an order.
2. The vehicles will be supplied with the balance of the manufacturers warranty where available. Where the manufacturers warranty has expired you will be supplied with 3 months warranty from date of purchase.
3. Hillmoren will pass to you all keys, manuals service records and radio codes received.
4. It is agreed between the contracting parties that all disputes arising out of any contracts or agreements entered into will fall under the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales and the laws of those will apply under the provisions of the contracts (Applicable Law) Act 1990.
5. Please note we do not operate an organised distance selling scheme as defined by The Consumer Contracts (Cancellation, Information and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013. Therefore, even if you choose to not view your vehicle at our premises prior to purchase, you will not be entitled to cancel your order under any 14 day cancellation period. All other statutory rights remain unaffected.
5. The vehicle does not become the customers until it is paid for with cleared funds.
Deposits and Pre-payments – Showroom Sales
6. A minimum deposit of one thousand pounds (£1000) is required with every order to show the customers commitment to purchase the vehicle and Hillmoren’s commitment to supply the vehicle. Any payment made in excess of £1000 will have been individually negotiated between Hillmoren and the customer and is set out on the front of the form.
7. If the customer fails to collect and pay the balance of the price without lawful reason by the agreed date, Hillmoren will be entitled to treat the agreement as cancelled by the customer and offer the vehicle for re-sale and claim from the customer any reasonable losses suffered which may include but are not limited to stocking charges, unrecoverable extras fitted to the vehicle, and any reduction in value of the vehicle.
Hillmoren will be entitled to use the deposit , and any prepayment to reduce its reasonable losses. Any excess will be returned to the customer and any shortfall will be paid by the customer. If Hillmoren failed to deliver the vehicle by the agreed date, Hillmoren shall return the deposit and any prepayment to the customer and shall be liable to the customer for any reasonable losses the customer may suffer.
Provisional Orders (Pre-stock/Pre-Build)
8. This means a vehicle which Hillmoren agreed to buy so it can sell a customer where Hillmoren does not have a contract to buy the vehicle from their supplier.
9. In such an event Hillmoren will make every reasonable effort to find such a vehicle for the price and description provisionally agreed.
10. In the event that proves impossible after a reasonable time either Hillmoren or the customer may cancel the provisional agreement, in which case neither party will make a claim against the other and Hillmoren will refund any deposit and prepayment.
11. Nothing in 12 – 18 below will apply to business to business contracts.
12. Hillmoren do not undertake distance sales whether by telephone or internet or any other means.
13. Where a customer sees a vehicle on the internet or in any other advertisement placed by Hillmoren they can pay a deposit of £1000 over the telephone by credit or debit card.
14. Such a deposit, if it is accepted, will become a holding deposit. Hillmoren will hold the vehicle for an agreed period for the customer to inspect.
15. The taking of such a deposit does not bind Hillmoren or the customer and is refundable should the vehicle not be sold to that customer.
16. Nothing in this section shall apply to customers who visit Hillmoren’s premises and subsequently orders, over the telephone, a vehicle, which they have previously viewed.
17. Once the customer has visited our showroom and decided to buy this vehicle (or any other vehicle) then they will be asked to sign an order form incorporating our standard Terms and Conditions for showroom sales.
18. If we agree to sell the customer a vehicle, then their Holding deposit will become non-refundable except in the circumstances set out in our standard Terms and Conditions for Showroom Sales.
19. Any part exchange allowance agreed with a customer is either based upon the customers description of the vehicle to Hillmoren or upon its inspection by Hillmoren. Valuations are based on the assumption that a valid V5 will be handed over by the customer.
20. In the event of subsequent damage to the vehicle, fair wear and tear accepted, or if the customer knowingly gave incorrect information concerning the vehicle or has concealed a defect in the vehicle which Hillmoren relied upon, Hillmoren may decline to take the vehicle, in which case Hillmoren will try to agree with the customer a new allowance. If no agreement can be reached the customer shall either pay the full price, or Hillmoren will be entitled to treat the agreement as cancelled by the customer and the provisions of clause 6 shall then apply.
21. The vehicle will be supplied with the balance of the manufacturers warranty where available.
22. Any claim by the customer based upon defects in the quality or condition of the vehicle shall be notified by Hillmoren within a reasonable time of the date of delivery, or where the defects were not apparent on a reasonable inspection, within a reasonable time after discovery of the defects.
Important payment information
Acceptable methods of payment are as follows:
The maximum amount we can receive is £10,000 unless agreed with your sales person in writing.
The maximum amount we can receive is £1000 unless agreed with your sales person in writing.
to Lloyds Bank, Leicester.
Sort code: 77-15-06, Account no: 29446360
Payable to HMTC Limited, quoting the Stock number of the vehicle you are purchasing.
If you are paying by cash please let your salesperson know as we will require prior notice. A maximum limit applies.
Part exchange vehicles will only be accepted when accompanied by a valid V5 (Logbook). If you do not have the logbook for your part exchange vehicle in your possession, please contact your sales person as soon as possible.
Please Note it may be necessary for Hillmoren to contact several finance companies to arrange suitable finance. To ensure you are able to collect your vehicle as planned it is essential that you bring with you on the day of collection.
Your DRIVING LICENCE stating your current address if the license is a new photocard style, we require both the card and the counterpart. If you do not possess a licence with your current address on it, please contact your salesperson as soon as possible on 01530 587350.
Frequently asked questions
Who are we?
HMTC LTD a dealership acting as a credit broker in arranging finance for vehicle transactions.
Our address is: Christopher House, 94b London Road, Leicester, LE2 0QS. Registered in England. Company registration no. 08880918. 01530 587350
Are we authorised to arrange finance for you?
Yes, we are authorised and regulated for credit-broking activities by the Financial Conduct Authority (“FCA”). We are not a lender. Our FCA Firm Reference Number is 674789. For more information, please visit the FCA website at: https://register.fca.org.uk/. Please note that business customers may not be protected under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 or FCA rules.
What can we do to help finance your vehicle?
We can introduce you (whether direct or through a specialist credit broker) to a number of finance companies (“funders”) who may be able to finance your transaction. There are other funders to which we cannot introduce you which may also be able to offer you finance.
We will provide you with information and explanations about the finance products that may be available to you and, where we recommend a product to you to you, we will ensure that this is based on the information you give us about your needs and circumstances so that it is suitable for you. Finance is arranged subject to status and terms and conditions. We cannot guarantee that we will be able to secure finance for you.
Can we give independent financial advice?
We are not independent financial advisers and so are unable to provide you with independent financial advice
Do you have to pay for our service or do we receive any commission?
You don’t have to pay us for our service. But a funder or broker we work with may pay us for introducing you to them. Different funders/brokers may pay us different amounts but it will typically be based on a fixed percentage of the amount borrowed. This percentage may vary according to different factors, for example: the amount of credit; the age or type of vehicle; the type of finance product; or the funder’s assessment of the risk of lending. For your reassurance, we are not able to change the interest rate you pay in order to receive more commission from a particular broker or funder. Although rates and commissions may vary between our finance partners, our aim is always to secure finance from them which is appropriate to your circumstances. If we are successful in obtaining an offer of finance for you and you would like to know the amount (or likely amount) we would receive if you decided to go ahead with the agreement and how that amount has been calculated, please contact us using the details above.
How will we use your information?
We will use your information to obtain quotes from funders and brokers to process finance applications through them and we and/or they may also conduct a search of your record held with one or more credit reference agencies. Credit checks may as a result appear on your credit file lodged by organisations with whom you have not dealt directly. The personal information collected will also be shared with fraud prevention agencies who will use it to prevent fraud and money laundering and to verify your identity. If fraud is detected you could be refused certain services, finance or employment.
We are registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office under registration number ZA523263.
What can you do if you wish to complain about our services or contact us?
If you wish to make a complaint, please contact us:
• by writing to us at Complaints, HMTC LTD 32 Shaw Lane, Markfield, Leicester, LE67 9PU;
• by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; or
• by telephoning 01530 587350;
If, after making a complaint to us you are still unhappy and feel the matter has not been resolved to your satisfaction, please contact the Financial Ombudsman Service (“FOS” – www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk). Please note that FOS may not be able to deal with complaints from business customers.
Further details about our complaints procedure and FOS are available on request.
If you require further information, please contact us by telephoning the above number(s) or emailing us at email@example.com.
It is important that customers instruct third party finance companies to ensure cleared funds are received by Hillmoren prior to collection of the vehicle.
The word Hillmoren and all logos used are registered trademarks.
Hillmoren is a trading style of HMTC Limited, Company No. 08880918. Registered address: Christopher House, 94b London Rd, Leicester, LE2 0QS. 2021.